Since the early days of the flagship Kwaiback, we've been bombarded with requests for a slightly smaller blade. But I'm a knifemaker... So I couldn't just make it smaller! I decided to revisit the Kwaiback and start from scratch to make a smaller folder with its own uniqueness. I wanted to make it stand out on its own -- and not just be a smaller Kwaiback.
The first thing I did was reduce the thickness of the materials to 5/32nd, which much better suits the 3 ¼” long blade. Then I designed a compact lock geometry package specifically suited for a smaller knife. I set up an extraordinarily small lock insert with overtravel prevention and stuffed a HRD in for good measure! Voila! We have a perfect EDC for those who don’t want a 4” blade!!! And an external stop pin allows the knife to go further between take-downs for cleaning!
I designed the Radford to be a perfect EDC companion for those who want to be a bit more covert in their blade choice!
Blade: .15625 Thick, S90V Stainless Steel, Stonewash Finish
Frame: .15625 Thick, Titanium, Fading Knurl Machining, Differential Anodized Finish
Overall Length: 8”
Blade Length: 3.25”
Closed Length: 4.675”
Carry Option: Tip Up Right/Left-Handed
Weight: 6.0 oz.
- Pivot Thrust Bearings
- Hardened Stainless Bearing Races
- HRD (Hoback Roller Detent)
- Hardened Stainless Steel Lock Insert With Overtravel Prevention
- Engineered Internal Lightening Pockets
- Standard Sizes On All Screws For Ease Of Replacement
* Images shown are for illustration purposes only. The actual color and finish may vary from images shown.